Be a Problem Solver using Computational Thinking
Computational Thinking is used to solve problems. There are four parts to computational thinking: decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction, and algorithm design. For decomposition, its when you break a big problem into smaller ones.
![]() |
| Decomposition: This way it would be easier to manage. |
Pattern recognition requires you to analyze and find a sequence that repeats. Patterns make the problem simpler because we can use the same solution whenever we see the same pattern. Abstraction is where you get rid of parts that are unnecessary. The solution that is created has to be able to work with different problems. Lastly, the algorithm design explains how to do something step-by-step.
Personally, I had a hard time with computational thinking part 1 assignment because I wasn't sure what I had to do. I did watch the week 9 video to see the explanation, but I still wasn't confident that I did it right. I am going to do more research on it.

Comments
Post a Comment