Benefits of Youtube
This week I learned something new which was adding a caption to a video. I always wondered how captions were added to a video. When I was doing the activity it was a challenge transcribing the video. I had to go back more than once to fix the errors I made or hear the video again to make sure I didn't leave anything out. I understand why the captions are there for an option, so it is a good thing to include it when making videos.
Moving on to the benefits of using youtube in the classroom:
- Flipped Instructions: Students can learn the content before coming to class. This way the teachers will have more time to apply the concept and have hands-on experience.
- Supplemental Information: You can provide the students with extra resources that you can't cover in the classroom. Sometimes the students will have an easier time comprehending the information from these videos.
- Self Directed Learning: Let students explore youtube on their own to find out answers they want. It will engage them in the learning process and they feel more independent. It will also give them more control over their learning.
- Classroom Enhancers: Video is an improvement from the text and pictures. They will be able to get other ideas and different perspectives from experts.

Comments
Post a Comment